Health Care

Utah County Crisis Line – 801-691-LIFE (5433)
The Crisis Line offers 24-hour help to any individual facing any crisis and directs callers to those who can provide long-term solutions. Click here for more information.

Getting a Prescription Filled Just After Release
COVID-19 UPDATE: Walk-in hours currently restricted to 9 am – 9 pm. Drive-thru service is available 24/7. Recommend calling ahead, but not essential.
People who have been on prescription medication during incarceration can obtain a two-week supply of that medication at no cost by going to the Walgreens Pharmacy at 1315 N. State Street in Provo (801-616-5223) within 72 hours of release. The pharmacy is open 24 hours a day every day, including Sundays and holidays. Please keep in mind that it can take up to a few hours for the pharmacy to get the information they need from jail medical to fill the prescription.

Health Insurance
Note: In 2014, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) began requiring insurance companies to cover mental health and substance addiction treatment as part of its 10 essential health benefit categories.

  • To purchase private insurance through Utah’s Health Insurance Marketplace, visit or call 855-850-2834. Depending on your income, you may qualify for a subsidy to help cover the cost. To get help applying for insurance, visit
  • For information about Medicaid or PCN (Primary Care Network), click here, here, or go to your nearest Department of Workforce Services office.
  • If you have low income and do not have insurance, contact Community Health Connect (591 S. State St., Provo, 801-818-3015) to see if they can help you get the medical and/or dental care you need.

Medical/Dental Care

  • Mountainlands Family Health Center (801-429-2000)
    589 S. State Street, Provo
    750 N. 200 West, Suite 201, Provo (in the same building as Wasatch Mental Health)
    910 E. 100 North, Suite 155, Payson
  • The Food & Care Coalition has a Mountainlands health clinic (East Bay Health Center) that is open Monday through Friday and provides medical and dental health care services to people who don’t have permanent housing.
  • A walk-in Volunteer Care Clinic is held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. at 589 S. State St. in Provo. No appointment necessary; first come first served.
  • For reproductive health care regardless of income, contact Planned Parenthood Utah Valley Clinic, 1086 N. 1200 West, Orem, 801-226-5246. Services are available for both men and women.

Mental Health Care

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s